Building round objects from rectangular bricks is a challenge. This makes MOCs which employ round building techniques all the more impressive.
- Just bricks: use 1 x 2 bricks (or plates) and flex them.
- Hinges in a row: like
- Bricks and cylinders: you can alternate a 1 x 2 (or longer) brick with a 1 x 1 round brick (or a 1 x 2 plate with a 1 x 1 round plate).
- Tank treads (John Boozer): use tank treads for a central core, attaching an outer facade to them. Explained at
- Brackets and plates (Deb Higdon): alternately stack angle brackets and plates, leaving a slight gap each time.
- Hinges: similar to brackets and plates, but using hinges, like Nannan Z.
- Expert builder gear and ZNAP beams: by bikicsmilan
- Steering wheel used as hub, attached to circumference with your choice of clip piece. For example this Buckeyball by Bram.
- Generator for software tools for generating patterns
- On Round Tower Techniques