Sydney LEGO Users Group
|Services and activities||Real Life: Meetings, shows and displays|
|Membership type(s)||By request on website|
|Target audience||All AFOLs from the Sydney region, NSW, Australia|
The Sydney LEGO Users Group (SydLUG) is a LEGO users group for LEGO fans from the Sydney (and surrounding) regions in Australia. Originally called SLTC (Sydney Lego Train Collective)the group has always been interested in all things LEGO, including (but not limited to): Technic, Town, SPACE!, Brikwars!, Pirates, Castle, and of course Trains.
The club meets on an irregular-basis at various locations throughout Sydney, and announcements are normally made on the SLTC Yahoo Groups Mailing List. Occasionally, SydLUG announcements are made within the lugnet.loc.au newsgroup on LUGNET.
The first SLTC exhibition was in October 2006 at the Annual Model Railway Show held by the Australian Model Railway Association (AMRA) NSW Branch, where the SLTC went home with second place in the People's Choice award and first place in the Children's Choice 'Wombat' Award. This was followed up in 2007 with another first placing in the Children's Choice 'Wombat' Award. In 2009, SLTC became SydLUG.
SydLUG continues to develop and grow in size. The next display (10th display for 2012) will be at the Woodford Academy at Woodford NSW (in the Blue Mountains) on 8th July. Please come along if you are interested in trains, Lego, Lego trains!
- The SLTC was founded in 2006 with members from the original STUDS forming part of the initial grouping.
- October 2006: Exhibition at the AMRA (NSW) Exhibition, Hustville, NSW, AU. First Place in Children's Choice Award. Second Place Overall
- September 2007: Exhibition at Blacktown City Hobby Show, Stanhope Gardens, NSW, AU
- October 2007: Exhibition at the AMRA (NSW) Exhibition, Hustville, NSW, AU. First Place in Children's Choice Award. Second Place Overall
- October 2008: Exhibition at the AMRA (NSW) Exhibition, Hustville, NSW, AU. First Place in Children's Choice Award. Equal-second Place Overall
- March 2009: Exhibition at Springwood
- October 2009: Exhibition at the AMRA (NSW) Exhibition, Liverpool, NSW, AU. Honourable mention in Children's Choice Award.
- October 2009: Exhibition at the Woodford Academy, Woodford, NSW, AU. as part of Children's week celebrations. SLTC was the only train club with a display.
- After the 2009 AMRA show, SLTC was absorbed into SydLUG. The Sydney Lego Train Collective still exists, but as a body within SydLUG. The Sydney Lego Train Club is now defunct and has disbanded.
- SLTC Yahoo Groups Mailing List: http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/sydneylegotrainclub/